Thales's hypothesis that the originating principle of nature
and the nature of matter was a single material substance: water
His philosophy is best known for originating the cosmogenic theory of the four classical elements.
He was a vegetarian who supported the doctrine of reincarnation.
Seven Sages Of Greece
The term philosophy is taken from the Greek word, (phileo) meaning "to love" or "to befriend" and , (sophia) meaning "wisdom." Thus, "philosophy" means "the love of wisdom". Socrates, a Greek philosopher, used the term philosophy as an equivalent to the search for wisdom. Also, the term wisdom is used as a general term for describing the intellectual probing of any idea.
Good and Evil
Pleasure and Pain
Chinese Philosophy ~ Some Links
Father of western Philosophy Thales of Miletus
Before Thales, the Greeks explained the origin and nature of the world through myths of anthropomorphic gods and heroes. Phenomena like lightning or earthquakes were attributed to actions of the gods.
Atomic Materialist <*> Atomism Wikipedia
The Allegory of the Cave by Plato
The Republic and Law by Plato @ Project Gutenburg
John of Nikiû said with the death of Hypatia the Christians had expelled the last remnant of pagan idolatry.
Some say Hypatia was the first famous "Witch" punished under Christian authority.
were interested in a wide variety of topics, especially in what we now think of as Natural Science rather than philosophy.
Thales ~ Anaximander ~ Anaximenes
List Of Atheist Philosophers
Al-Kindi, the first genuine philosopher of Islam
Subject ~ Object
Belief ~ Fact
Albert Camus ~ Albert Camus Society
Soren Kierkegaard ~ Existentialism ~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~ Nihilism ~ Albert Camus ~ Absurdism
Arthur Schopenhauer - Philosophical Pessimism
Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
A TREATISE OF HUMAN NATURE (Wikipedia) By David Hume
Religion and Philosophy
1916 by R.G. Collingwood
Empiricism ~ Skepticism ~ Naturalism
Source Of Origin® emphasizes on seven areas within human constructs or layers the inner life, these seven centers are the centers of your personal growth which are;
1. Human Soul: The human soul is that which lives on after the physical body have come into pass and has been there before you came into this plane of existence; this is of “GOD” the uniqueness of individual and the rightfully son ship of “God”, this is that which has direct connection with the highest state of Existence. *Note: The Term God can mean a lot of things in different people according to their level of understanding.
2. Human Free will/ Spirit: “The ability to make choices is the capacity to change,” no matter what kind of situation you are in, or where you came from, you can always change the course of your life as long as you understand the potential of human spirit, this does not count on intellect or power. When cultivated an ordinary person can become extraordinary. All Life forms is based on these spiritual energies.
3. Human Consciousness: The self-awareness is consciousness, there are different level and states of consciousness self-consciousness being the lowest and GOD Consciousness being the highest, by the use of free will we can raise or lower our consciousness, *Loving another person as you love yourself is one step of raising your consciousness for you are beginning to realise there is more than just you.
4. Human Mind: The mind is the totality of all thought process, mind can be modified, your mind is the builder of the physical reality, and if you change your mind your outer world reflects. Depending on how you make choices and operate your mind, this rewires your brain.
5. Human Emotions: Human emotions are genetic memory embedded deep within you; emotions are mostly responses from certain events. You can always modify these responses.
6. Human Physical/Body: The physical body is the organic vehicle we use for navigation of the physical environment; with the physical body we have five senses.
7. Human Surroundings/ Environment: The environment includes to all that is ‘outside’ your physical body, the Universe, this include your fellow-men, animals, plants etc. even though there isn’t such thing as “out there” everything is connected and everything affects something else, if the air is not clean your health maybe in jeopardy. if a dairy farmers won’t work the entire city will wake up without milk.
All these seven sections are summed up with “THE LAW OF ONE” as for everything is a part of the other once we become aware of this and put it into action human will be able to move into next level of growth.
Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy
Short Bios of Some Famous Philosophers ~ Explore Philosophical Topics
Philosophy Pages Links
The American Philosophical Association Links
NY University Philosophy Links
Guide to Philosophy on the Internet
CRS Journal Philosophy Page
University Of Chicago Links
The Open University Links
Philosophy Now Links
Philosophy Around the Web
Your Favorite Philosophy Web Sites
THE MEANING OF LIFE From Great Issues in Philosophy, by James Fieser
To Feel Meaningful Is to Feel Immortal
Source of Origin
Full Text Online of In the Light of Truth: The Grail Message" by Abd-ru-shin
Esotericism #1 ~ #2 ~ #3 ~ #4
The Rudolf Steiner Archive ~ RS #2 ~ RS #3
Anthroposophy #1 ~ #2 ~ #3 ~ #4
"I wish to argue two philosophical theses: (1) there is an inner identity between postmodern culture and hedonism, and (2) hedonism, taken to an extreme, can lead to its self-overcoming by arranging an encounter with death—an encounter which, if survived, can expand one’s awareness of one’s self and the world to embrace non-hedonistic motives and actions." Read More Here
Code of Hammurabi
A List of 52 Virtues
Buddha's 10 Virtues
Beatitudes of Jesus
The Faerie Queene by Edmund Spenser ~ Summary ~ Wikipedia
Excerpts from Metaphysical Meditations by Paramahansa Yogananda
Glossary Definition: Metaphysical
Metaphysics By Aristotle Written 350 B.C.E
The International Church of Metaphysical Humanism
College of Metaphysical Studies - Frequently Asked Questions
Metaphysics For Your Life
University Of Metaphysical Sciences
Spirit Science and Metaphysics. Unraveling The Mystery
The Six Metaphysical Laws
Institute of Metaphysical Humanistic Science
The Kundalini Database Project
Evolution and Philosophy
Metaphysics: The science of ultimate reality
Metaphysics - Philosophy of Existence, Being and Reality
The Metaphysical Foundations of Modern Physical Science; a historical and critical essay. by Burtt, Edwin A. (Edwin Arthur), 1892-. Published 1923
Selection from Kant’s Metaphysical Foundations of Natural Science
Kant's Critique of Pure Reason
Kant’s Prolegomena and Metaphysical Foundations of Natural Science
Science, Metaphysics, and Worldviews
Metaphysical foundations for science Interview with E.J. Lowe
Waiting For Godot
Theatre of the Absurd
Albert Camus uses the term in his 1942 essay, The Myth of Sisyphus
Being and Nothingness
Pareidolia and Apophenia
Outline of Ethics
Moral Relativism ~ Moral Absolutism
Moral Universalism ~ Moral Nihilism
Golden Rule ~ Gold, Silver, and Iron: Three Rules of Human Conduct
Three Wise Monkeys
Voluntary Versus Involuntary Risks
Environmental Science Project
Dark Mysticism ~ Compassionate Nihilism
Dark Mysticism: Tragic Heroism and Fear of the Undead God
The Church of Skeptical Mysticism and Compassionate Nihilism
Church of Skeptical Mysticism
Andrew Boyd's Philosophical Shit List
Close-to-complete Ideology and Religion Shit List
Shit List Two
Confessions of a Nihilist by William Starr Moake
Good ~ Evil
Nihilism ~ Humanism
Varieties of Mysticism from Rants Within The Undead God
Neverness and A Requiem for Homo Sapiens